A) jumping up and down clapping your hands
B) breathing into a paper bag
C) squealing like a pig?
Then you are ready for tonight's Lifesavers with Pride, 2018 40th Anniversary Mardi Gras parade entry. It's all come down to today and we are all super excited. So the checklist is;
- Meet at 4pm in front of the Sydney Football Stadium, by Kippax Lake
- Bring your red issued swimwear, red and yellow quarter cap, white shoes, and uniform if you are volunteering (we'll have spares, but any red shorts are fine).
- Bring as little else as possible as storage space is limited
- Do not bring alcohol or drugs, nor come under the influence of such.
- Bring the biggest smile you've got, because it's going to be fun. So much fun in fact that at 9pm you'll desperately want to run to the front and do it again.
- Tell your friends to meet you at the Unicorn Hotel on Oxford st from about 10pm where we will head afterwards (FYI, I met my partner, now husband after my first MG with LWP at the post parade drinks so the precedent has been set)
The committee is really keen to remind all that this is our opportunity to say to everyone, including the LGBT community that lifesaving is a progressive, inclusive and welcoming organisation no matter what your sexuality is. So lets get out there and be the role models we want for tomorrow's lifesavers.
Here's another bit of media we got today from Wednesday's march. Enjoy and see you this afternoon at 4pm
Looking forward to seeing your glitteringly smiling faces soon.
Gary, Nick, Andrew, Mike, Mick, Bastien, Orlando, Karen, Grant, Wayne, Dave, Christine, plus Bravo, Mike and Justin and hopefully you too next year too