Hello Fellow Marchers!
Tonight's our first rehearsal and also the first chance for everyone to meet new faces and old faces, AND to learn the most fun parade routine ever!
Where and How to Get There
Downstairs of Bondi Surf Bather's Lifesaving Club - Thanks guys for making your space available to us!
Next to Bondi Pavilion Bondi Beach.
Take the Buses 380, 381, or 333 (pre-pay express) along Oxford St, or from Bondi Junction.
Bondi Junction is Pre-Pay for ALL buses till 7pm.
Agenda - Thursday 11th February - Rehearsal #1
Here's the evening in a nutshell:
- 6:30pm - 7:00pm REGISTRATION!! Be sure to sign the attendance sheet!
- 7:00pm sharp start! Be sure to arrive soon after 6:30pm so you can meet everyone else
- Introductions from Organising Committee and Everyone - your name and your club
- Introducing Laurence Stark - Our Choreographer (this guy is GREAT!!!)
- Committee outlines what's happening in the weeks ahead
- One and Two and ... Laurence starts teaching sixty people how to dance! <<<<<---- THE MAIN EVENT!
- Wrap-up announcements! Sponsorship, Bingay, Tamarama BBQ
- Offer of Lifts Home - PLEASE MAKE KNOWN IF YOU CAN OFFER A LIFT IN YOUR CAR BACK TO CIVILISATION
- Finish about 8:30pm ... all go have a quick drink together, oozing with excitement about this whole thing!
What to Wear and Bring
- Please wear sneakers! Sixty people will be targeting your toes to jump up and down on with their two left feet.
- A change of shirt ... you will get sweaty ...
- A drink! Bring a bottle of water - you will be working up a sweat!
- A snack! A banana or handful of dust may help if you're craving dinner!
The AFTER PARTY!!!!
Yes! Social drinks! Please join everyone after rehearsal at Ravesi's Hotel ground floor (cnr of Hall St and Campbell Pde, opposite bus stop back to town!! Bring ID if you look younger than me!) for a quick a beer, water, wine, soda, lemon-lime-bitters, or Milo. This is what it's all about - meeting other lifesavers and making new friends! Please do not worry if you do not know anyone! I will make sure you know more than 5 people before you leave! It's a great kick-off to the parade and mardi gras season! We're in this together!
Of course we have a facebook group. This is our just-launched, promotional page open to every man and his dog. And woman and her cat. We'll be using this to get a buzz out there for our group and float. Join! The Blog will remain our members' communications page.
Join at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=484164100220&ref=search&sid=678603228.2228323386..1
Questions? Email email@example.com