Wow! It's only a matter of weeks away! Our rehearsals start on Thursday, 11th February and we need to get your swimmers made!
1) SWIMMERS - Get Your Size In!
Yes! The lovely folk at AussieBum are having their seamstresses (is that sexist?) work overtime in whipping-up our sexy Lycra attire for the march!
The swimwear order must be finalised by the end of this week! All applications to march must be in by February 7th!
2) REHEARSALS - BONDI SURF LIFESAVING CLUB HALL - Next to Bondi Pavilion
The wonderful guys and girls of Bondi SLSC have kindly made available their club hall for our rehearsals.
Please make note on your fridge door of the following dates:
1) Rehearsal #1 - 6:30pm Thursday, 11 February - Bondi Surf Club
2) Rehearsal #2 - 6:30pm Thursday, 18 February - Bondi Surf Club
3) Rehearsal #3 - 6:30pm Tuesday, 23 February - Bondi Surf Club
4) Rehearsal #4 - 6:30pm Thursday, 25 February - Bondi Surf Club ... and on the BEACH!!!
5) Mardi Gras Parade - Saturday, 27 February - Oxford Street
6) Tamarama Beach BBQ - 1:00pm Saturday, 6th March, Tamarama
(Note: Not at North Bondi SLSC - don't get the location confused)
3) INTERSTATE PARTICIPANTS - We Want You!
As much as we'd love to see you at each rehearsal - please come to at least the final rehearsal and let me know that you will be coming! We will post the routine video on YouTube.
4) HELP WANTED!
4.1) Building Stuff
We are building a giant surf rescue rope reel this year ... well that's the plan. And we are looking for anyone with skills of any sort to help at the build-out this Saturday afternoon (Feb 6). Please let Jonathan Toh know if you can help out. Email back to here at: email@example.com
4.2) Support/Water Runners
Additionally we will be looking for water / support crew for the day, and for general help at rehearsals. Please let me Mark Kuuse know if you can help: firstname.lastname@example.org
5) STILL UNDECIDED? .... 1) WATCH THIS VIDEO!!! 2) SIGN-UP!!
2010 Mardi Gras Lifesavers with Pride Recruitment Video - WE WANT YOU!!!!!
Many thanks to Chadd Small - our video man - you're the best!
6) MORE HELP WANTED! GUEST APPEARANCES AT EXTRA EVENTS! BINGAY!
Yes! Mardi Gras just can't get enough of Lifesavers with Pride!
A huge charity function run by ACON each year is Bingay! Lifesavers with Pride is invited to attend to sell raffle tickets to raise money for its float and also have a good time promoting lifesaving amongst a very receptive crowd of near 500! This event is a LOT OF FUN! Please let me know if you would like to be part of this fun event!
Contact: Mark Kuuse, email@example.com
7) HOLD THE DATE!!!! Saturday 1pm, 6th March : Lifesavers with Pride TAMARAMA Beach BBQ
Yes! An afternoon at Tamarama. A BBQ event to be held by our group with an open invitation to the Mardi Gras community. Lot's of fun to be had!
More details to follow.
Contact: Ronan MacSweeney, firstname.lastname@example.org
8) MARDI GRAS GENERAL PROMOTIONAL VIDEO
Here's the general Mardi Gras promotion video - Lifesavers get a good dose of appearances!
9) STAY IN TOUCH!
Here's how to stay in touch and get in touch. We have a wonderful online blog that has all sorts of history about the group and the parade and the whole experience! Please take a look.
Thanks for reading down to here!
On behalf of the Lifesavers with Pride Committee